UGA Extension Internship
UGA Cooperative Extension offers semester-long internships to college students. Students will be matched with an agent in the county or regional Extension office that they prefer, if possible. The internship can be completed during any semester of the year and is a paid internship.
What is the Extension Internship?
UGA Extension offers paid internships ($455 per week) for college students to work for one semester in a county Extension office. Students will be matched with an agent in the county or region they prefer, if possible. The internship can be completed during any semester during the year. There are a limited number of paid internships available each year.
For more information, view the Extension Internship brochure (pdf).
Interns will have the opportunity to:
- get involved in Extension programming,
- experience 4-H, maybe even go to camp, and
- earn college credits. It will be up to the student to work with the internship coordinator in their department to arrange for college credits.
Applicants must be:
- Enrolled (or the semester immediately following graduation) as an undergraduate or graduate student in a degree program that would qualify the participant for employment as an Extension agent
- Interested in pursuing a career in Extension
Internship Application Deadlines for the current year
Applications are due 90 days before the first day of class for the semester in which the student wishes to do their internship.
- Fall semester deadline – May 1 of the current year
firstname.lastname@example.org | 706-542-3908
College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
The University of Georgia
105 Hoke Smith Building
Athens, GA 30602