Winegrowers of Georgia
The University of Georgia College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences (CAES) and Georgia wine producer associations are pleased to sponsor internships for students to study viticulture and enology by spending a summer or fall semester, working with Georgia winegrowers, winery owners, managers and winemakers. Flexible schedules that span late summer and fall through harvest season may also be possible.
About the Internship
- be involved in vineyard care, spray programs, cultivating and thinning grapes in summer
- learn harvesting, crushing and fermentation techniques in the fall
- learn about vineyard pest and disease control, fermentation and racking of wine, barrel aging, wine making, bottling and marketing
- choose an area of viticulture or enology for student research that will be mutually beneficial
- work with individual vineyards to fashion work schedules that meet their needs and interests
- assist with special events at the wineries
- Location: Participating vineyards, wineries and tasting rooms are members of the Georgia wine grower associations.
- Dates: Summer or Fall Semester
- Hours: Students are expected to work a minimum of 240 hours to receive internship credit.
- Compensation: Students receive $8.00/hour from the host vineyard and a $1,000 cost-of-living allowance through CAES Deans' Promise Fund.
- Expenses: Housing, transportation and meals are paid by interns.
- Academic Credit: Students may receive academic credit by enrolling in their departmental internship course. Please contact your academic advisor for internship requirements.
- Seminar: The College will conduct a traveling seminar of the Georgia wine producing facilities during the summer internship period.
- Experiential Learning: The Winegrowers of Georgia Internship is pre-approved to fulfill the CAES experiential learning requirement.
- Must be a CAES student to receive funding
- While younger students may also apply, preference will be given to students who are 21 years of age or older
- Interviews will be conducted before final host-student pairing
- Intern placements are anticipated to be finalized by early- to mid-March 2018
- online application
- current resume
Submit application materials online at: