Austria: BOKU - University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences
Spend a semester at BOKU in beautiful Vienna, Austria.
About the Program
The University of Natural Resources and Applied Life Sciences (BOKU) is located in the beautiful and classic city of Vienna, Austria. College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences students of all backgrounds and majors can find exciting study areas at BOKU.
Founded in 1872, BOKU is considered an "Ivy League" university among agricultural institutions in Europe, and is still the main university for agricultural research and teaching in Austria.
When not in class, students can explore this German-speaking country and the many aspects that make it so special to its visitors. Austria's baroque-period architecture, mountain villages, imperial history and alpine terrain make it an exciting place to study and dive into a new atmosphere.
While at BOKU, CAES students may study:
- Organic Agricultural Systems and Agroecology
- Applied Limnology
- Mountain Forestry
- Water Management and Environmental Engineering
How to Apply:
- Schedule and appointment with Amanda Stephens for exchange semester advising
- Schedule an appointment with your academic advisor
- Apply on the GoAbroad portal (you must first be accepted by UGA)
- If accepted, UGA will nominate you for a semester at BOKU and you will begin the application process with BOKU
Fall, Spring or Academic Year
German (all classes taught in English)
Any CAES or UGA student