Spend your semester exploring Stuttgart and studying at a European Ivy League institution.
About the Program
The University of Hohenheim is located in beautiful Stuttgart, Germany. Known as the home of Porsche, Mercedes and Bosch, Stuttgart is known for luxurious sports cars and the high technical quality of its products. Beyond the car industry, Stuttgart is one of the most international cities in Europe and has a wide variety of opportunities for university students.
The University of Hohenheim is considered an “Ivy League” school for agricultural and environmental sciences in Europe and is the number one university in Germany for agricultural research and food sciences. Their focus is on finding solutions for global challenges through research, innovation and teaching.
Each year, Hohenheim reserves two Baden-Württemberg scholarships for $2,500 each! These scholarships are reserved for CAES students and will cover the majority of monthly, in-country expenses like housing and meals.
UGA students can choose from several English-taught courses at Hohenheim in three faculty areas of agricultural sciences, natural sciences and business, economics and social sciences.
Examples of Courses Taught in English:
- Crop Sciences
- Envrionmental Protection and Agricultural Food Production
- Environmental Science
- Food Science and Engineering
- International Business and Economics
- Landscape Ecology
- Organic Agriculture and Food Systems
How to Apply:
- Schedule an appointment with Amanda Stephens for exchange semester advising
- Schedule an appointment with your academic advisor
- Apply on the GoAbroad portal (you must first be accepted by UGA)
- If accepted, UGA will nominate you for a semester at Hohenheim and you will begin the application process with Hohenheim
Fall, Spring or Academic Year
German (all classes taught in English)
Any CAES or UGA student
- Two $2,500 scholarships are available each year to CAES students
- Students pay UGA in-state tuition and fees (HOPE and Zell Miller scholarships will cover this cost)
- Cost of living
- Other Scholarship Opportunities