Switzerland: ETH Zürich
Spend a semester in one of the world's most pleasant, sustainable and beautiful cities.
About the Program
ETH Zürich is consistently ranked among the top European and world universities and boasts 21 Nobel Laureates who have studied, taught or conducted research at ETH Zürich, including Albert Einstein.
ETH Zürich prides itself on being an international leader in technology and the natural sciences. The university offers study and internship opportunities focused on food, agricultural and environmental sciences that relate to your UGA major. With 391,000 inhabitants (almost one million in the greater metropolitan area), Zürich is the largest city in Switzerland. While Berne is the political capital, Zürich is considered the business capital: formerly an industrial town, its focus has shifted to commerce.
“World Class. Swiss Made,” Zürich has one of the highest qualities of life. Situated on the water of Lake Zürich with a view of the Alps, Zürich is clean, historic and culturally rich. It’s a haven for history and urban enthusiasts as well as lovers of the outdoors, offering everything from art and medieval architecture, to cafes and shopping, to biking and hiking. With schools at all levels, theatres, concert halls, museums, art galleries, libraries and bookshops, Zürich is also a centre of cultural importance.
While at ETH Zürich, CAES students may study:
- Agricultural Science
- Environmental Science
- Food Science
How to Apply:
- Schedule and appointment with Amanda Stephens for exchange semester advising
- Schedule an appointment with your academic advisor
- Apply on the GoAbroad portal (you must first be accepted by UGA)
- If accepted, UGA will nominate you for a semester at ETH Zürich and you will begin the application process with ETH Zürich
Location: Zürich, Switzerland
Exchange Semesters: Fall, Spring or Academic Year
Official Languages: German, French, Italian and Romansh (classes taught in English)
Student Population: 18,500 students
Available for: Any CAES or UGA student
- Students pay UGA in-state tuition and fees (HOPE and Zell Miller scholarships will cover this cost)
- Cost of living
- Three $3,000 scholarships are available for CAES students to spend a semester at ETH Zürich. Contact Amanda Stephens for information on how to apply.
- Other Scholarship Opportunities