AG*IDEA is a national consortium of land grant universities offering courses, certificates and programs in agricultural curriculum taught by experienced faculty. AG*IDEA's online establishment provides flexibility and balance for students who are researchers, educators, community leaders, family members and working professionals looking for career advancement.
For more information about UGA's College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences as your preferred institution, please contact Dana Nash, campus coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The programs in which the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences participate include the Agricultural and Environmental Law Certificate, Animal Science Graduate Certificate and Soil, Water, and Environmental Science Degree. For a complete listing of courses through AG*IDEA, please visit www.agidea.org.
Agricultural and Environmental Law Certificate
The range of legal questions you will encounter during your career will continue to expand as more demands are placed on agriculture and the environment. The Agricultural and Environmental Law Certificate will help you better understand laws and emerging legal issues that may impact your career. This certificate can complement an undergraduate degree, or provide working professionals the following tools needed to advance their career.
- Navigate and access legal documents
- Avoid legal problems
- Use legal counsel effectively
- Recognize the impact current and potential policies will have
- Discern the court's role and interpretations of laws
- Understand the politics of national, state, local and interest groups in the formation of policies
- Translate the implication of policies on people living in rural and urban areas
Courses in this program examine how legal issues affect the following:
- Agricultural sciences and agribusiness
- Rural communities
- Food production and safety
- Water quality
- Environmental concerns
- Renewable energy
For more information about this certificate, please contact Dr. Terrence Centner at email@example.com
Animal Science Graduate Certificate
- Provides courses in the major disciplinary areas of animal science.
- Intended for individuals holding BS degrees in animal science or closely related fields.
- Students work with faculty at their admitting institution to enroll in courses to meet their specific educational needs.
- Courses included are:
- Introductory Ruminant Nutrition
- Non-Ruminant Nutrition
- Reproductive Physiology
- Selection of Domestic Animals
- Meat Science
- View the Animal Science Graduate Certificate course matrix.
Soil, Water, and Environmental Science Degree
Environmental Science is a multi-institutional and multi-interdisciplinary graduate degree program. Degree titles will vary by institution.
- Degree program is 36 credit hours:
- 15 hours required courses in chemistry, biology, hydrology, pedology and physics.
- 21 hours of electives to alter the program to fit students' career interests.
- Students must complete a thesis or special topic.
- Program focus is developing professionals to protect natural resources and build knowledge of agriculture and necessary environmental treatment for sustaining healthy communities.
- View the Soil, Water, and Environmental Science Degree course matrix.
For more information, contact our faculty: