Cooperative Extension Internship
About the Internship
Just the facts.
UGA Cooperative Extension
Applications available online; due 60 days before desired semester for internship
What is the Extension Internship?
The UGA Cooperative Extension is offering internships to college students to work for one semester in a county Extension office. Students will be matched with an agent in the county or region they prefer, if possible. The internship can be completed during any semester during the year. There are a limited number of paid internships available each year.
For more information, view the Extension Internship brochure (pdf).
Interns will have the opportunity to:
- get involved in Extension programming,
- experience 4-H, maybe even go to camp, and
- earn college credits. It will be up to the student to work with the internship coordinator in their department to arrange for college credits.
Applicants must be:
- enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student in a degree program that would qualify the participant for employment as an Extension agent and
- interested in pursuing a career in Extension.
- Fall semester deadline – June 1 of the current year
- Spring semester deadline – November 1 of current year
- Summer semester deadline – March 1 of the current year
- Application for Extension Internship (pdf)
- Also, submit your current resume
Submit your application packet to:
Director, Extension County Operations
College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences
The University of Georgia
111 Conner Hall
Athens, GA 30602