STEM in AGtion
STEM in AGtion is a one-day program for middle school students interested in Science, STEM, and Agriculture. Students will have the opportunity to explore science labs and experience a hands-on lesson at the University of Georgia in the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences (CAES).
Students will rotate throughout different departments in CAES. This year participating departments include: Food Science, Entomology, Poultry Science, and Plant Pathology. Students will learn the science behind these areas of study and how they can lead to a potential college major and career in a STEM field!
Students can attend with their homeschool group, science class, 4-H group, agriculture class, or with a parent. Student groups or individual participants are required to have a chaperone with them throughout the day.
Friday, May 18, 2018 from 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- 9:30-10:00 a.m. - Check-in
- 10:00-10:30 a.m. - Session 1
- 10:30-10:45 a.m. - Travel to next session
- 10:45-11:30 a.m. - Session 2
- 11:30 a.m.-12:15 p.m. - Lunch and travel to next session
- 12:15-12:45 p.m. - Session 3
- 12:45-1:00 p.m. - Travel to next session
- 1:00-1:45 p.m. - Session 4