CAES Tifton Campus Ambassadors
The College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences has an ambassador program for student recruitment and public relations on its Tifton Campus.
The mission of the CAES Tifton Campus Ambassadors is to recruit potential students, represent the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences in a professional manner, and develop relationships which foster growth and leadership.
- About the
- Expectations of Ambassadors
- Ambassador Application and Selection
- Current CAES Tifton Campus Ambassadors
About the CAES Tifton Campus Ambassadors
Who are the Tifton Campus Ambassadors?
Tifton Campus Ambassadors are:
- articulate and effective public speakers
- professional in appearance and attitude
- able to fulfill their ambassador responsibilities without jeopardizing their academic standing
Applications for new ambassadors are accepted and reviewed each summer.
With which events do
Tifton Campus Ambassadors assist?
While student recruitment are the ambassadors' main goal,
Events, both on and off campus, may include:
- Open campus events for recruitment at two-year institutions
- Sunbelt Agricultural Exposition
- Alumni events
- Graduation receptions
- Southeast and Southwest District events
- Campus cookouts
- Various grower and producer conferences
- Thanksgiving luncheon for fellow students and faculty
- Team members of local Relay for Life event
- Campus visits with potential students
Expectations of Tifton Campus Ambassadors
What is expected of a Tifton Campus Ambassador?
- Ambassadors are required to attend a professional development class which meets once a week throughout the semester. Class is not held during Summer Semester.
- Ambassadors are required to have an e-mail account and to access the account daily for any news or events. It is expected that the ambassadors maintain close communication with the CAES Tifton Campus Academic Programs staff, both in person and by e-mail.
- Ambassadors are expected to be knowledgeable about the Tifton campus and college.
- Ambassadors are required to attend an off-campus weekend workshop the first weekend after Fall Semester begins.
- Ambassadors must adhere to the UGA Code of Conduct.
What are the benefits of being an ambassador?
Tifton Campus Ambassadors receive a polo shirt as well as the opportunity to travel, give back to the college, meet college leaders, develop friendships, expand communication and leadership skills, meet potential students, and network with alumni.
Tifton Campus Ambassador Application and Selection
How can I apply?
Interested students must complete an application and submit it to UGA Tifton Campus Admissions Counselor.
Applications are available for pick up from the Tifton Campus Admissions Counselor, Meredith Rutland (229-386-3077).
What are the requirements?
- have a major in the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences.
- have at least a 2.8 overall GPA.
- plan to be enrolled in the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences for the following Fall and Spring Semesters.
How are applicants selected?
Because of the limited number of ambassador positions, we look for individuals who will devote time and effort to the program. Ambassadors must be enthusiastic, personable, and possess good communication skills.
Interested students are required to:
- Submit an application with three references
- Schedule an interview time
The two-part selection process involves:
- Application Submission
- Interviews with faculty, staff, and/or alumni
We usually select three to five new ambassadors each year to fill positions made vacant by graduating ambassadors.