Agriscience and Environmental Systems Major
Agriscience and Environmental Systems students learn to apply knowledge of basic sciences to solve agricultural problems. In addition to studying the biology of plants and animals, students also learn about new technologies that can be applied to plant and animal production systems, the fundamentals of water quality and resource management, the application of technologies to add value to agricultural commodities and the fundamentals of business management and marketing.
What does an Agriscience and Environmental Systems Major Study?
View the required Agriscience and Environmental Systems courses and available electives in the UGA Bulletin. You will determine the right courses to match your interests with assistance from your advisor.
To prepare for courses to earn an Agriscience and Environmental Systems degree we recommend you:
- Participate in traditional agricultural extracurricular activities, such as 4-H and FFA
- Participate in school and community science clubs and fairs
- Volunteer in community gardens
- Work or volunteer for local food producers
- Take a multitude of available math and science courses prior to attending UGA
What can an Agriscience and Environmental Systems student do outside of class?
- Labs in the classroom and field
- Soil analysis
- Water analysis
- Use industry-related technologies
- Undergraduate research opportunities
- Internship opportunities with private companies, state and federal agencies, and nonprofit organizations
- Study abroad opportunities
What jobs can I get with an Agriscience and Environmental Systems degree?
- Agribusiness Management
- Conservation/Environmental Technician
- Farming Operation
- Precision Agriculture Specialist
- Extension Agent
- Crop Scout/Consultant
$28,000 to $40,000
How do I pay for college?
Each year the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences (CAES) awards scholarships to students enrolled in our majors.
Go to CAES Scholarships.
To find out about deadlines and eligibility requirements, visit the University of Georgia Office of Student Financial Aid.