Biological Science Major
This major provides a flexible program of study integrating both biological and agricultural sciences. In addition, it can be used by students to prepare for professional programs in medicine, pharmacy, veterinary medicine, and dentistry, as well as for advanced degrees (Master of Science and Doctor of Philosophy) in any of the biological sciences. Graduates with a degree in Biological Sciences are prepared for careers in industry, business, and government dealing with food, fiber, health care, and environmental stewardship.
What does a Biological Science major study?
View the required Biological Science courses and available electives in the UGA Bulletin. You will determine the right courses to match your interests with assistance from your advisor.
To prepare for courses to earn a Biological Science degree we recommend you:
- Take available AP and Honors science courses prior to attending UGA
- Participate in any school or community animal and/or biological science clubs or organizations
- Volunteer, work, or shadow in a veterinary or medical practice, pharmacy, etc.
What can a Biological Science student do outside of class?
- Use state of the art technology with direct industry applications
- Labs with live specimens
- Undergraduate research opportunities
- Internship opportunities
- Study abroad opportunities
- UGA HOSA-Future Health Professionals
- Minority Science Student Association
- Pre-Dental Society
- Pre-Nursing Society
- Pre-Optometry Society
- Pre-Physician Assistant Club
- Rho Tau Pre-Physical Therapy Club
- UGA Pre-Vet Club
- Poultry Science Club
See complete list of CAES student clubs and organizations.
What jobs can I get with a Biological Science degree?
- Lab/Research Technician
- Medicine and Allied Health Fields
- Veterinary Medicine
- Agricultural Production
$23,000 to $50,000
How do I pay for college?
Each year the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences (CAES) awards scholarships to students enrolled in our majors.
Go to CAES Scholarships.
To find out about deadlines and eligibility requirements, visit the University of Georgia Office of Student Financial Aid.