Food Industry Marketing and Administration Major
Food Industry Marketing and Administration majors will receive training in business and general economics and an in-depth understanding of the food industry. Students will be knowledgeable of the processes and standard operations involved in the food processing, restaurant, and food retailing sectors. Approximately 15 percent of jobs in Georgia and nationally are in the food industry. By combining courses in agricultural economics, agribusiness, and food science, graduates of this program will be uniquely qualified for food industry management jobs in this large and growing sector of the economy.
What does a Food Industry Marketing and Administration Major Study?
View the required Food Industry Marketing and Administration courses and available electives in the UGA Bulletin. You will determine the right courses to match your interests with assistance from your advisor.
To prepare for courses to earn a Food Industry Marketing and
Administration degree we recommend you:
- Take any available food science courses
- Take any available economics or management courses
- Take a pre-calculus course
- Work part-time in the food industry (e.g., retail, grocery store, restaurant, etc.)
- Volunteer for a non-profit food organization (e.g., community garden, food bank, etc.)
- Join local school or community business-related clubs
What can a Food Industry Marketing and Administration student do outside of class?
- Food processing and preparation lab sessions
- Service Learning courses
- Undergraduate research opportunities
- Special projects related to your specific area of interest
- Internships (private companies, government agencies, and non-profit organizations)
- Study abroad opportunities
What jobs can I get with a Food Industry Marketing and Administration degree?
- Food Processing Facility Manager
- Wholesale Food Manager
- Specialty Food Operations
- Restaurant Manager
- Marketing/Sales Representative
- Production Management
- Supply Chain Manager
- Market Analyst
$45,000 to $61,000
How do I pay for college?
Each year the College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences (CAES) awards scholarships to students enrolled in our majors.
Go to CAES Scholarships.
To find out about deadlines and eligibility requirements, visit the University of Georgia Office of Student Financial Aid.